Speedmaster Missions database

• Dear all,

Sorry for english language. This is my first message.

I am the owner of an Apollo XI Mission from 1997-1998 and very interested with this series.
    As everyone knows, this series of watches is very limited (between 100 and 150 pieces for each mission), but as it is not numbered, it's difficult to have a precise idea of the real production number. I was told that factory themselves do not know the exact number actually and extensive research would be needed in case there is statistics.

For this reason, I am collecting all sort of information about the Missions. For example, it seems that not all of these watches were provided with the white special packaging (source: museum and AD). It also seems that some sets were dismantled when new, because too difficult to sell the entire set.

To get a more accurate idea of the real production and to make "a giant leap in the history of the Missions", I would like to start a database with serial numbers of these very limited Missions watches (I have actually information about 20 of them). This will take years, but with the help (and good will) of many owners from various fora, it could become very fruitful. Probably a website will be built when I have sufficient data.
    Minimal information I would like to get is the serial number, taken either on the warranty card, or/and on the back of the watch. Of course, other information and pictures is welcome. Apollo XIII does not belong to this series, but I will also collect information about the 999 pieces of it.

I thank you in advance for you cooperation, my email is auctiongreg (at) gmail.com
    Best regards,
    Greg

• Hi Greg,

lets see, if i can help with adding some information to your "gigantic task"...;)...as i own another Mission LE Ap11 and i´m also a true fan of these really rare Speedies....;)

...:grb:...

* my Ap11 came with ths special white editon Box, made of spacesuit-material :) - some pictures in our gallery
    * watch was and is NOS / still unworn...found in 2009 (luckily ;) )
    * i was told, that only 5 of them (Ap11) were once delivered to Germany by Omega
    * i had a talk with an employee of Omega-Museum Biel, who assumed an possible amount of less than 150 pieces made of each "Mission"....but officially, there is always stated the number of 150 (except the Ap13 with its 999 pieces)
    * concerning the box...:grb:..my observation and information from the dealer underlines your statement, that some mission were not sold with "special package" because there were "repacked" in a normal red boxes (by the way, the same that happended to many X-33 Speedies..;) ) ...seems to me, that this (more common) package could easier be sold to clients...meantime the real "Mission-Box" is quite sought-after...times are changing...;)
    * bracelet of the missions should be 1499/842 or 1498/840
    * package contains a colored special "mission-booklet" with information to NASA-Missions - real nice :)
    * the Mission-Box itself exists with two different inlay-variations - picturs can be seen in my review to Speedy X-33 ("WL-Omega-Space-Corner")

Last, many congrats to your ownership of a LE Mission Ap11 :blume:....the "queen of Mission-package"....or one of the rarest Speedies ever...as i bought mine last year (without having a sight of the watch before), i even (curiously) didn´t find a photo from that watch on the net....found only pictures of the "whole bunch of Missions in the famous case"....;)

BR :wink:

Manche behaupten doch tatsächlich, die Mondlandung sei ein Fake - na gut, dann ist die Speedy eben ganz allein dort gelandet! :respekt:

• Hi Igaluk,

Thank you for this very complete report and encouraging help. If I may give you an advice: unless if you want to sell Apollo 11 rapidly, WEAR IT !! Not everyday, but from time to time, you only live once. Below is mine.

Best regards,

Greg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7730/img46881600.jpg

[fehlerbox]Please pay attention to the fact that the width of pictures may not exceed 850 pixels - thank you![/fehlerbox]

• ...wow...:verneig: :respekt:....never thought of seeing another one, except mine....;) :gut: :gut: :gut:...at the moment...and always keeping in mind "to live once"...i like / enjoy / appreciate the "status" of having her NOS / absolutely new...;) :)

BR :wink:

Manche behaupten doch tatsächlich, die Mondlandung sei ein Fake - na gut, dann ist die Speedy eben ganz allein dort gelandet! :respekt: