Beiträge von Speedy13

b) has Rings, not much visible on the pictures. Pay attention that the counter of the Moon at 12 O'clock doesn't have a ring.

Hi Thomas,

A 3rd Apollo 11 Mission in the forum (although I am not very active), probably no other forum has so many!!

This is a very particular finding, because it is part of the "Koffer". It means that "Koffer" number 20 does not exist anymore as a complete set. I was told that some of the 40 units were dismantled and the watches sold individually, because it was difficult to find 40 buyers at that time. Then it's normal if you do not have "accessories". You have to find the other 22 watches of the Koffer and the Koffer itself. As this watch belongs to a set, does it have a serial number on the back (8 digits)?

Best regards,
    Greg

Nur 3592.50 and Replica trage ich "daily". Die anderen sind für spezial Tage. Die Gemini 4 hatte ich keine Zeit zu tragen, ich habe es neu letzte Monat gekauft. Meine Philosophy ist: ein Uhr ist für tragen, nicht in einem Koffer zu standen.
    Gruss.

Hallo,

Mr Richon von Omega Museum schrieb mir: es gibt nicht 150 Stück von jedem Mission, aber ein unbekannt Nummer wahrscheinlich zwischen 100 und 150.

Auf dem Forum gibt es 2x Skylab....und auch 2x Apollo XI (ich bin der zweite).

Bitte folgen Sie meinen Link um mir zu helfen: Speedmaster Missions database?

Gruss.
    Greg

Dear all,

Sorry for english language. This is my first message.

I am the owner of an Apollo XI Mission from 1997-1998 and very interested with this series.
    As everyone knows, this series of watches is very limited (between 100 and 150 pieces for each mission), but as it is not numbered, it's difficult to have a precise idea of the real production number. I was told that factory themselves do not know the exact number actually and extensive research would be needed in case there is statistics.

For this reason, I am collecting all sort of information about the Missions. For example, it seems that not all of these watches were provided with the white special packaging (source: museum and AD). It also seems that some sets were dismantled when new, because too difficult to sell the entire set.

To get a more accurate idea of the real production and to make "a giant leap in the history of the Missions", I would like to start a database with serial numbers of these very limited Missions watches (I have actually information about 20 of them). This will take years, but with the help (and good will) of many owners from various fora, it could become very fruitful. Probably a website will be built when I have sufficient data.
    Minimal information I would like to get is the serial number, taken either on the warranty card, or/and on the back of the watch. Of course, other information and pictures is welcome. Apollo XIII does not belong to this series, but I will also collect information about the 999 pieces of it.

I thank you in advance for you cooperation, my email is auctiongreg (at) gmail.com
    Best regards,
    Greg