Beiträge von Jocke

It starts with I got this one.

This watch have lives a hard life.

The back looks a little better.

Omega original.

Caliber 565.

I guess a service will not hurt the movement.

So let the work begin.

All parts will be pulled off one by one.

So now will all parts go to the ultrasonic.

Now the fun will begin with the new parts where the movement will be.

Not bad with a factory fresh complete case

Luminova in all it's glory.

So now it's time to put things together.

Black datewheel, not bad.

Now it start looks good.

Time for the hands.

Mmm, nice.

So now the movement it's prepared for the case.

Now only the rotor be missing.

There we go.

The Omega logo is visible at the doomed crystal.

The factory fresch bracelet.

The final result.

Cleaning Time

My good old beater need som cleaning I guess.

So I start to pull off the bracelet.

And I found some dirt.

No serial, is it a fake?

I have to clean it up a bit before open it.

So I pull out my case opener.

Lets open it.

The movement looks ok, the Oyster case have keep it clean.

So I start with the crown.

Next step is to release the movement.

And pull it out.

Then I have to pull off the bezel.

And the crystal too.

Now all parts are separated.

So now into the ultrasonic cleaner.

I set it to 9 minutes.

One minute later I can't see the parts.

I know you don't need this pic but I couldn't resist.

No I have to rinsethe parts in clean water.

And they looks great.

So I start to put the movement back.

And try to find some spare parts.

A new crystal and a backcase gasket.

This will be nice.

Back with the bezel.

Checking how it runs, a little low amplitude but it's ok for abeater..

And then the backcase.

Checking so it's waterproof.

And now fit to serve me for another year.

Inside there is a dark brown kudu strap.

So my patinated dark brown alligator strap will be retired now.

The African Kudu Antelope strap is close to my favoutrite material nubuck.

It gives a great look with the matte surface and it's very smooth and soft.

It match the brown dial and the gold perfect.

And it feels great at the wrist too.

How to spend a great weekend in Switzerland.
    A nice view from the train.

On the way to:

There was some problems with the train so they put us all on a bus to next train station.

Back on the train again.

And finally we are here.

So we took a stroll in the city.

The market.

Coffee time.

The church have a impressive organ.

Then it was time for a manufacturer visit.

We start with a historical review of the brand.

Then we get inside where the things happen and our tour guide Olivier Gantenbein was so happy to see us again. :-)))

We start at the drawing board.

The double disc big date is impressive.

Here is how they start make a movement.

The balance bridge.

The balance wheel.

Olivier tell us about the balance wheel.

The double big date discs.

Timing tests.

The watchmaker working on 5 movements at the same time.

This cool machine balance the balance wheel, finding where it should cut out a very tiny amount metal to get it in perfect balance. Very impressing.

The guy with the "sushi bar" it's a chain operated table that can make him to choose which one of the white plastic holders he want to work with.

The machine that make Moser "very rare" that stretching out the metal from 50 meters to around 5000 meters when they made the hairsprings.

Then they clean the hairspring in four different cleaning machines.

After that they cut it in around 20 centimeters pieces,the length depends a little on what movement that is produced to.

The he put four springs in the tool and wind them inside.

Heat then up and pull them out of the tool and the hairspring is ready for a bend of the ends.

Next stop was to see a part of the current collection.

A huge thanks to Olivier and Robin and the rest of the crew for a great and interesting day at The Moser company.
    So we have to finish the day with a great meal, a Cordon Bleu with mozarella and parma ham, fries and sauce.

It was so good that I have to order another one and when I got the bill the waiter give me a 60% discount at the second one. :-))))

Next day we was going to the IWC museum but unfortunately we was not allowed to take some pics inside.

A great way to make sure no one steal the parking spot.

We find the biggest Oster bracelet I have ever seen at the Zürich airport.

With some info about the Rolex watches inside.

Testing the rotable bezel.

A huge TripLock crown.

Vicenterra is a relatively new star on the stage scene and its creator Vincent Plomb is a man who likes to think outside the box. Although he started his project in 2003, he did not get up until the end of 2010 when his first watch GTM-3 was ready to meet the world.
    Now the other model is here called Vicenterra Tycho Brahe T2, which is a tribute to the Danish man who was both astronomer, astrologer and alchemist. To the story, he is actually born in modern Sweden but the part of Sweden he was born belonged to Denmark at that time.

The watch comes in a wodden box that looks like a book.

A great piece of work with a cloth, a bag, a USB stick with info about the watch and a warranty card.

So lets take a closer look at it. The hands are really nice but the date should needs a magnifier.

There is a crown at 2 o'clock position with the logo that IMHO is really hard to get a good grip when it's pulled out and a pusher at 4 o'clock position.

A 22mm blue calf leather with a clasp made of Titanium grade 5.

The backcase with double sapphire glases shows a nice decorated ETA 2892, 42 hours power reserve and a 6 jewels module added developed by Vicenterra and a Titanuim grade 5 backcase.

There is some nice bevels at the front.

The really cool V in solid white gold at the 5 o'clock position is genius that is the pointer at the 7,5mm globe.

Below the globe there is seven hidden stars marked as a yellow X.

This globe feels like it floating and will give you a really good 3D feeling.

There is only Luminova at the hands.

And here it is with the blue dial, 42,80mm x 11,70mm high polished titanuim case that is a feast for the eye.

I'm a sucker for off center dial and with the globe this is so cool.

The globe turns 360 degree on 24 hours and the V showing in what timezone it's noon at the moment. You can set it with the pusher in 24 steps at every hour.

The weight is 85 gram include the strap and clasp.

The dial is made in base brass in two parts, circular satin, blue PVD and showing 2 jewels.

The Asian Snowflake
    Seiko SBGA211G
    This dial is really cool when you come close to it.

The Grand Seiko Snowflake is a unique watch.

The blue secondhand made a great contrast to the dial.

The titanium case and bracelet and the size of 41mm diameter and 12,5 mm thick feels well balanced in the hand.

The oversized screwdown crown is a little too high in my opinion but easy to handle.

The lugs have a brushed top and the bevels and sides are polished.

The logo get the feeling is flows over the dial.

The 72 hours power reserve meter.

The logo at the folding clasp.

The 9R65 movement don't shows so muchthrough the glassback but the finsh of what you see is awesome.

10 bar WR

There is a logo at the crystal too.

Those are so tiny.

It's a very elegant watch.

And of course a wrist shot.

Glashütte Original PanoMaticLunar Ref 1-90-02-42-32-05

The characteristic mondphase

This model have got hands with bright white luminova

I have the original PanoMaticLunar too that is a little different to the new one.

In my opinion so is the new one a little more in balance with the bigger dial and the thinner bezel.

The lume is not the best one but I guess it's more to geta littlemore balancedhands

After some time I got this package.

A great bracelet to icing the cake.

Polished middlelinks

The quick adjustable clasp with the button that have the logo

A great solution when you need adjust it

A few pics with the bracelet on

And a wrist shot

Of course there is a backside too

With the nice caliber 90 with the duplex swan neck's

The Glashütte ribbings and the other decorations is things you can look at for hours

Even the blue moon will shine on it

And some ramdom shots.

A triple duplex make it harder to choose the watch for the day

I start with a familar logo, panorama date, sunburst dial and a "vintage" VI marker

The 12 marker looks like is floating over the dial

As some already figure it out it's the Glashütte Original Senator Chronograph The Capital Edition I have point my lens at

The case is 42mm and the dial/hands is an orgy in colors, a little too many for my taste

This is the stainless steel version that is made in 100 pieces

The dial change in color and are not easy to get correct presented with the camera

The yellow luminova looks really old

The dial is brown but it looks grey sometimes

It's good for 10 ATM and it have a screw down crown

Here I made the dial grey that I think works well to the yellow and blue (the swedish colors) too

It comes with abrown calfskin leather strap and a buckle in stainless steel

The power reserve window is at the left sub dial

The dial factory in Pforzheim have made a great work with the dial

The caliber 37 now is in many models and contains 65 jewels and have a 70 hour power reserve.

The finish I have nothing to complain about

The colum wheel

The swan neck

In the dark the yellow markers been green and the white blue

So now they add a few more colors

The king of the PML line today have the case made of solid gold and the pusher for the moonphase at the side.

The black dial with the gold hands and markers is unique for the red gold model.

It's a feast for the eye.

The black dial and the gold give the watchan elegant impression.

This watch comes with a black nubuck that I love but the owner have it changed for a black Louisiana Alligator leather strap that also is a option.

The folding clasp is in red gold too.

The caliber 90-02 is automatic, 47 jewels, 42 hours power reserve and the uniqueduplex swan-neck fine adjustment that is hand engraved.

It will not be much better than this. If you can call a movement sexy so will it be this IMHO.

So just enjoy the following pics of this awesome watch.

I have had the privilege over a number of days had a chance to familiarize myself with this Glashütte Original PanoMaticCounter XL 96-01-02-02-04 in stainless steel.

This is a unique watch in the higher segment of Glashütte Original's range that was released back in 2010. Except the chronographs start and reset
    buttoms so is there a quickset date buttom to made it easy to adjust the date.

The counting pushers have a handy design and there is a lot of great uses for this complication .

The counter goes from 00 to 99 and can count both forward and backward and have a quick reset buttom too. It's very unique the number discs
    are at the same height as it is on the Panorama date but this can count to 99 which makes it a little more difficult to made.
    The counter mechanism use 217 parts of the 584 as is the total number of the movements parts. The counter display is made in red and the
    Panorama date is made in white.

The watch diameter is 44 mm in and 16 mm height and have sapphire crystal on both sides that is antireflective.
    Sometimes the dial is little tricky to read and feel little busy but I guess after some time you get used to it.
    This watch is a column-wheel cronograph with flyback function.

At certain angles experienced the dial as if it has multiple dimensions, above all, it feels like chronograph ring lies and floats on top of the dial.

The movement is indeed a feast for the eyes, and in this case they should watch were reversible for the movement have a tendency to devour the viewer.
    Glashütte Original call the plate three quarter plate but I will call this one a half plate and I'm so happy for this because then I can see more of the
    movements parts. The movement runs in 28 800 bph, 42 hours power reserve, Nivarox flat spring, Incablock, 72 jewels and a swan -neck.

Here the same applies as with the dial, the build-up of layers of components allows even the movement has several dimensions. After study it
    very close several times I am completely mesmerized by all the details.

It is sparingly Luminova so it is a watch that should be worn in daylight.

The fact is that this watch does not at all feel like 44 mm and wears without a problem on a 7½" wrist.
    It is not unlikely that I will add this model to my collectionafter I had the chance to familiarize myself closer with it as it has grown with me.

A big thanks to Glashütte Original who give me the chance to to handle this watch.

As Robert Plant sing: Stairway to heaven.

The CEO Thomas Meier welcome us.

The german follow us and can't stop smiling.

So lets see what GO bring on the table this year.

A new clean and sober model.

A grren sixties, with or without date.

Black index's and hands.

With green Super Luminova.

A open dial PC with moonphase.

My favourite this year, a SS Cosmopolite with arabic numbers.

After that we run into Eric Singer from KISS that have a few Glashütte Original watches in his collection.