Verkauf: Vintage 1970's IWC Yacht Club Blue Dial

• My apologies for not writing in German, understanding and reading German goes well, speaking also, but writing…

My collection has gotten too big again so the time has come to sell this 1970’s IWC Yacht Club.

The monocoque case which just oozes seventies swagger is in great condition for a watch of this age and it has got the appropriate IWC fish crown. The domed acrylic crystal is 3.3mm high.

The eye catcher of this watch is the gorgeously preserved sunburst blue dial which has got an incredibly deep lustre, the tone of its blue colour and the shading of this exquisite dial changes with the lighting.

The dial has got the desirable applied silver IWC letter logo with a script logo underneath, silver applied baton indices with a black inlay, silver hands with a black inlay and a contrasting black date disc with white numerals. These older IWC’s are famous for their exceptionally well made dials which manage to keep their amazing good looks over many, many years.

Inside ticks the legendary IWC Calibre 8541B Pellaton Automatic movement.

This automatic winding system was developed by the then technical director at IWC, Albert Pellaton. It was patented in 1946 and completed in 1950. The Pellaton winding system uses pawls rather than direct gearing between the rotor and barrel. This helps isolate the gear train from shocks. Unlike the Seiko magic lever system, which uses one pawl to “pull” and another to “push” the barrel, the IWC Pellaton system has both pawls pull on the barrel. This makes winding more efficient.

The watch runs fine on the wrist at around +10s/day.

My apologies for the quality of my photos and all the dust specks, I am not the best photographer but that means this watch looks even better in real life!

The watch comes on a new and unworn 19mm leather strap.

Diameter without crown: 36mm

Length: 36.3mm

Thickness: 11.7 mm including the 3.3mm high domed crystal

Caliber: IWC Calibre 8541B Pellaton Automatic movement

Acrylic Crystal

Lug Width: 19mm

I am located in The Netherlands and I am experienced at shipping all around the globe.

I am a collector who sometimes has to sell a watch from his collection so that is does not get too large, therefor I am a private seller, I am a regular at Uhrforum, WUS and the dutch "horlogeforum", feedback can be easily found.

If you have any questions or remarks about the watch or its price please send me a PM and I will answer as soon as possible.

1195 euro

• DavidSchank

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.