The Manufacture ... a visit (Part 1)

• Just returned from 2 magnificent days in Le Locle / Neuchatel/ Geneva

We ( 6 people) received an invitation from Maison Degreef in Belgium, an chance to visit la Manufacture Zenith.
    Being a watch enthusiast and being a Zenith fan this was very exciting news.Our tour started wednesday at 4 AM in the morning ( I know , way too early LOL).
    Departure from Brussels at 5.10 AM and arrived not much later in Geneva.
    First thing to do was having breakfast. And the Kempinski in Geneva was the perfect place.

Then we went to the Zenith boutique in Geneva. Nice to see a big part of the collection and the food and drinks they offered us were good

Back into our minivan and straight ahead to Hotel Parc Des Eaux Vives to have a great lunch.

In the afternoon we went to METALEM, a dial manufacture. I didn't know what to expect, I've seen more than one manufacture but always watch manufactures.
    This one made only dials. If you think a dial is just a tiny, unimportant part in your watch ... think again.
    I had no idea how much work went into the dial. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take pictures in this manufacture.
    But if you ever get the chance to visit it, DO IT
    Oh, did I say they make dials for Audemars Piguet, JLC, Vacheron Constantin, and several others.
    They make about 400.000 dials per year. It was nice to see how they make these typical Zenith chronograph dials with 3 colors.

After the visit we went to our hotel Beau Rivage

Some time to relax but not that long because 1 or 2 hours later we were expected in restaurant La Bocca
    Known for it's amazing wine cellar. Since I don't drink alcohol I can't tell you much more about the wines but the rest of the group seemed to enjoy it .... a lot.

I can tell you the diner was very nice. I don't drink but I love to eat great food ;-). If you are ever in Neuchatel, La Bocca is the place to be.

Back to the hotel, a few drinks in the bar and time to go to sleep.

The next day we arrived around 9.30 in the Zenith manufacture.

So let's start the tour ...
    First the R&D department

As you can see, a Christophe Colomb

Afterwards we met the people who made the tools to make these watches and watch parts

CNC machines at work.

Parts which still need some finishing like bevelling, perlage, côtes de Genève, brushing, polishing etc