Beiträge von Jocke

The Lonsdale Oscuro by Cuervo y Sobrinos

Cuervo y Sobrinos, the only Swiss watch brand with Cuban heritage, has now released a model inspired by watches they produced in the mid-20th century.

The Lonsdale comes in 3 different versions in an edition of 82 pieces of each model.

It is delivered in a beautiful presentation box similar to a humidor including a cigar tube and a cigar stand.

cys14.jpg

The watch is produced in collaboration with some cigar smoking watch collectors who together came up with this idea.

cys3.jpg

The watch is produced in collaboration with some cigar smoking watch collectors who together came up with this idea.

cys7.jpg

On this model, the dial is brown and the case is made of stainless steel with a diameter of 40mm.

cys1.jpg

The movement is an automatic CYS5159 (based on the SW261), approximately 38 hours of power reserve.

cys9.jpg

cys2.jpg

It gives a nice vintage feel.

cys5.jpg

cys8.jpg

Here with the right accessories.

cys16.jpg

The dial stands up to close inspection.

cys19.jpg

A small second hand at 6 o'clock position.

cys18.jpg

The sapphire crystal has a soft rounded edge and the logo is at the crown.

cys22.jpg

A dark brown calfskin strap with quick release springbars with a stainless steel clasp and also a yellow "NATO" strap are included.

cys21.jpg

Lonsdale is printed in orange at the polished backcase.

cys20.jpg

cys15.jpg

cys10.jpg

cys11.jpg

cys12.jpg

cys4.jpg

cys13.jpg

There is Super Luminova at the hands, numbers and 2 dots at 12 & 6 position. Not so strong but for a short period of time.

cys17.jpg

Finally, I want to say that it is an interesting watch that I was immediately hooked on when I saw it in Geneva.

cys6.jpg

Glashütte Original Sixties Chronograph Annual Edition 1-39-34-06-22-04

go60c1.jpg

Here we have a limited model (for a period of time) with hands of gold and varnish grey-black dial with dégradé effect.

go60c8.jpg

The dial is domed too.

go60c15.jpg

The watch gives a well-balanced impression with its sub dials.

go60c12.jpg

go60c14.jpg

The back has sapphire glass but a unique design that makes it look like there is no back case.

go60c7.jpg

Here we have the proven in-house movement Caliber 39.

go60c3.jpg

Swan-neck fine adjustment.

go60c11.jpg

28.800 vph, equivalent to 4 Hz.

go60c9.jpg

40 h ± 5 % power reserve.

go60c10.jpg

The case is 42mm in diameter and 12.40mm in height.

go60c2.jpg

A syntetic blue strap.

go60c17.jpg

The surface of the dial gives different effects depending on the light and angle.

go60c19.jpg

Rings that break off discreetly in the background of the sub dials.

go60c20.jpg

The minute hand is curved in line with the dial.

go60c18.jpg

So just enjoy.

go60c5.jpg

go60c4.jpg

go60c13.jpg

go60c16.jpg

go60c6.jpg

Schwarz Etienne Roma Small Seconds

Schwarz Etienne is an old solid watch brand that was founded in 1902. Today they only manufacture watches with in house movements.

ser12.jpg

There is a lot going on at the dial which has slightly different surfaces such as sunray pattern, grained and guilloché pattern. The hands are blue rhodium-treated brass.

ser6.jpg

The SS case is 42mm and the crown is screw down and it is waterproof to 50 meters. Anti-reflective sapphire crystal on both sides.

ser8.jpg

ser7.jpg

It comes with a black alligator strap with a stainless steel folding clasp.

ser4.jpg

ser5.jpg

If we get a little closer can we get a better look at the grained surface, the logo anr 3, 6, 9 markers is made of polished steel and the numbers are black.

ser14.jpg

Here we cover a lot of different patterns.

ser13.jpg

The inhouse automatic movement ASE 100.00 have 86 hours power reserve.

ser3.jpg

The movement with the micro rotor is very nice finished.

ser9.jpg

A really cool detail is the jewel behind the micro rotor and all the different surfaces at the movement.

ser11.jpg

ser10.jpg

The 4 bridges is a really nice touch.

ser1.jpg

So at the end I'm very pleased with this watch and I can stare at it for hours.

ser2.jpg

The 2023 DateJust cleaning

After another year with me in the autoshop it is time for some cleaning.

dj2023.jpg

So I start to pull it apart.

dj202314.jpg

This guy has a hard life with me.

dj202313.jpg

Lets open it up.

dj202312.jpg

The movement looks great.

dj202311.jpg

dj202310.jpg

But there is some issues.

dj20239.jpg

dj20238.jpg

So I have to inspect it a little closer.

dj20237.jpg

dj20236.jpg

The secondhand is not working after all those vibrations he got with me.

dj20235.jpg

Now I realize it will be a deep diving in the movement, so I give it to my friend Tony.

dj202315.jpg

dj202316.jpg

So he have to get deeper inside it to find the problem.

dj202328.jpg

dj202326.jpg

dj202319.jpg

dj202317.jpg

After he fix it he put it together again.

dj202323.jpg

dj202322.jpg

And give it back to me.

dj202324.jpg

So I call my butler for some service parts.

servtime.jpg

So I start with this.

dj20234.jpg

I pull out the cleaning machine.

dj20233.jpg

And add some serious stuff.

dj202318.jpg

Now we talking.

dj20232.jpg

A new crystal and back with the bezel.

dj20231.jpg

The springbars is in bad condition.

dj202329.jpg

So a fresh pair will do it.

dj202340.jpg

Time for a leak test.

dj202330.jpg

And the movement running great.

dj202331.jpg

The final result, good for another year with me.

dj202341.jpg

Glashütte Original Senator Kalenderwoche/Calendar week

Ref 100-05-13-02-04

goscw14.jpg

This is a real sleeper that in no way shows off what it contains, at first glance it just looks like a completely "regular" watch.

goscw4.jpg

A closer inspection, you see that there is something that does not look like it use to do. What do these red numbers mean?

goscw5.jpg

As you may have already guessed from the name, this is a weekly view. So finally there is a watch for the craftsmen and those who plan their days weekly.

goscw22.jpg

This is then shown in the upper window and Glashütte Original has succeeded in the art of having 2 pieces of "Panorama date" on the same level where the discs are also on the same level.

goscw25.jpg

This is then completed by also displaying the day of the week.

goscw6.jpg

The movement is said to be more complicated than their perpetual calendar, we will return to this later.

goscw10.jpg

This model was not so long-lived as it was only manufactured between 2006-2012. I had the privilege of watching it at the release in Basel 2006 and really wanted it already then.

goscw9.jpg

Since then, I have never been able to forget this one and have looked for it every now and then. The steel version rarely comes up for sale so it took some time to find this one.

goscw12.jpg

The dial is really successful on this model, looks simple but it is loaded with complications underneath.

goscw13.jpg

The size is 40 mm, the height 13 mm and water resistant to 5 Bar.

goscw11.jpg

This came with a crocodile leather strap and fold fastener but has later been fitted with an original steel bracelet.

goscw20.jpg

Of course, it has anti-reflective sapphire glass on both the front and back.

goscw24.jpg

Now if we are going to look more closely at how to set the watch, everything except the hands is adjusted with small pushers on the sides with a small tool.

goscw26.jpg

There are a total of 5 pushers on the sides for the various functions. The second hand reset function is not something I use, I would rather have seen that the movement had a hacking function

goscwman.jpg

The Panorama Date, the dial is made of German Silver with a fine matte surface that looks sandblasted.

goscw2.jpg

The week window with the red numbers.

goscw1.jpg

The day of week which could be obtained either with German or English text.

goscw3.jpg

So when we turn it over, it looks like a regular Caliber 100 movement, which is interesting when everything unique about this movement is hidden.

goscw18.jpg

In general, it works like a Caliber 100 movement. Automatic winding, Nivarox 1 balance spring, 28800 bph, swan-neck, 55 hours power reserve and Incabloc shock protection.

goscw17.jpg

71 jewels is unique for the Caliber 100-05 too.

goscw15.jpg

The rotor with the logo with parts made of 21K gold.

goscw27.jpg

Of course the swan-neck fine adjust the movement is in this movement too.

goscw16.jpg

Here is a lot of gears stacked on top of each other.

goscw28.jpg

Under the dial are the number discs and the mechanism for week, day & date display.

goscwmov1.jpg

Photo credit: Glashütte Original

This requires a small discrete set of parts totaling 206 pieces to make the calendar week mechanism work.

goscwmov2.jpg

During every change, the spring storing the energy is tensioned one-sixtieth in order to save up enough energy for the big change that occurs at the end of the year.

The change from calendar week 53 to 01 takes place when calendar week “54” is next on the list. A release opens the stored energy and the week wheel turns the seven

steps necessary to get to calendar week 01. In order to guarantee a gentle turning of the display disk, Caliber 100-05 was additionally outfitted with a centrifugal force brake .

goscwmov3.jpg

The calendar module has its own spring which is recharged during the year to be able to make the switch at the turn of the year.

goscwmov4.jpg

This movement has a total of 475 parts and it maintains the highest level as only the Master Watchmakers at Glashütte Original are the ones who work with this type of complicated movement.

goscw7.jpg

This watch is a pure pleasure to look at when you realize how impressive it is to fit all these functions into a movement that is only a little over 7mm thick.

goscw8.jpg

The steel bracelet gives the watch a sportier look and with the quick adjustment in the clasp, this is one of the most comfortable bracelets.

goscw21.jpg

There is only a small amount of Luminova at the hands.

goscw30.jpg

So it will be hard to read the time in the dark without a flashlight.

goscw29.jpg

It works great on a 7,5" wrist like mine.

goscw19.jpg

I was hoping to the last that Glashütte Original would re-release this model. But now it doesn't feel so necessary anymore.

Glashütte Original SeaQ Chronograph Panorama Date

Ref 1-37-23-02-81-36

sqc2.jpg

When the SeaQ was released a few years ago, many people welcomed that Glashütte Original now had a sports watch in the range again after a few years without.

sqc38.jpg

And today they can proudly present this Glashütte Original SeaQ Chronograph Panorama Date which is the result of a development in the SeaQ series.

sqc39.jpg

This is then a diver's watch with a water resistance of 300 meters and also has the option of time measurement.

sqc5.jpg

The size is 43,2 mm and it is about 17 mm high and weighs 135 grams with synthetic strap.

sqc4.jpg

The doomed sapphire glass with anti-reflective coating adds a warm feeling that you almost think it is an acrylic glass.

sqc15.jpg

The chronograph pushers are polished and slightly octagonal, which gives a nice impression.

sqc43.jpg

The polished/satin-brushed case is made of stainless steel and the bezel inlay is ceramic.

sqc42.jpg

The dark blue synthetic strap is 21/18 mm here with a butterfly shape folding clasp in stainless steel.

sqc19.jpg

To maintain the diver watch look, there are 2 sub dials and panorama date to increase readability with a clean and stylish design.

sqc3.jpg

The blue dial have rhodium-plated appliques with Super Luminova.

sqc6.jpg

sqc7.jpg

sqc10.jpg

sqc13.jpg

sqc14.jpg

sqc20.jpg

sqc21.jpg

Then it's time to familiarize yourself with caliber 37-23, which is an automatic manufactory movement.

sqc41.jpg

Caliber 37 has already been found in Glashütte Original chronographs, which usually have a few more functions.

sqc40.jpg

70 h running time with silicon hair spring.

sqc22.jpg

Here, too, there is an anti-reflective coated sapphire glass.

sqc23.jpg

The classic chronograph on/off display.

sqc24.jpg

The fine adjustment swan neck.

sqc28.jpg

The blue dial really works well with the stainless steel.

sqc11.jpg

The dial usually passes a closer inspection.

sqc26.jpg

A nice little hand .

sqc27.jpg

The screw down crown protected by the case.

sqc32.jpg

The red warning that is visible if you forgot to screw down the crown.

sqc33.jpg

sqc25.jpg

Tested using DIN 8306 and ISO 6425 for diver's watches.

sqc30.jpg

sqc34.jpg

sqc35.jpg

sqc31.jpg

sqc36.jpg

sqc8.jpg

sqc37.jpg

There is a lot of things going on here.

sqc44.jpg

The blue Super Luminova do a great work on this one.

sqc29.jpg

sqc17.jpg

sqc18.jpg

sqc16.jpg

sqc9.jpg

sqc1.jpg

The Glashütte Original Calendar Date is August 25.

pmc1.jpg

Recently, a new model from Glashütte Original was released with the name PanoMaticCalendar 1-92-09-02-05-62.

pmc6.jpg

A really nice acquaintance in red gold that has a case that measures 42 mm.

pmc8.jpg

I assume that the size change is to fit the month scale and keep a beautiful balance in the dial.

pmc11.jpg

Furthermore, the dial has received a broken edge, usually called rehaut, where we now find the model name, which used to be where the month scale is now placed.

pmc43.jpg

Photo credit Glashütte Original.

The dial is a masterpiece as usual and the hands in red gold really stand out.

pmc31.jpg

The dial in galvanized silver with a matte surface allows the shiny components to become clearer.

pmc30.jpg

The blue seconds hand is probably a bit unique, as far as I can remember, Glashütte Original usually has the same material and color on all hands.

pmc32.jpg

The blue and gold going very well together.

pmc9.jpg

If I have to complain about something, I think the monthly display is a bit unclear as it can be a bit difficult to read at certain angles.

pmc35.jpg

pmc36.jpg

pmc20.jpg

Now it's time to take a closer look at the new movement Calibre 92-09 which includes 53 jewels.

pmc34.jpg

Calibre 92 is recognizable with its smaller rotor and the unique duplex swan neck.

pmc2.jpg

pmc44.jpg

Here we find stripe finishes, hand engraved balance bridges and polished swan necks.

pmc4.jpg

pmc3.jpg

With the annual calendar the date advances automatically at the end of the month from the 30th or 31st to the 1st.The month wheel at the heart of the movement serves as this function.

pmc41.jpg

A total of 38 tiny balls made of hardened steel with a diameter of 0.5 mm ensure that friction is reduced to a minimum and the efficiency of mechanical processes improved.

pmc40.jpg

The calibre 92-09 is loaded with moon phase, annual calendar, panorama date also has a power reserve of 100 hours.

pmc14.jpg

The red gold model comes with a dark brown Louisiana alligator nubuck leather strap that really fits this watch. And you can choose clasp or fold fastener in red gold.

pmc26.jpg

The frame around the date window frames this really elegantly.

pmc13.jpg

The edge of the dial gives a soft and nice transition towards the case, then putting the model name there is an ingenious way to minimize the text on the dial.

pmc15.jpg

I also think that the dial's edge makes the diameter feel smaller.

pmc16.jpg

There is a little lume, but not so much.

pmc19.jpg

pmc27.jpg

Here is a few more pics to enjoy.

pmc18.jpg

pmc21.jpg

pmc22.jpg

pmc17.jpg

pmc23.jpg

pmc24.jpg

pmc29.jpg

pmc28.jpg

pmc25.jpg

After 3 years of waiting, it's finally time.

After 20 years of visiting Baselworld, which is now closed, it is off to Geneva for the first time in beautiful weather.

gen4.jpg

Unfortunately, W&W is only for industry people and strictly invited guests and we have to focus on other brands instead.

So we focus instead on smaller brands and independent manufacturers that are a little more interesting when you get to see creations that you do not normally come across.

Time to watches is probably the largest fair after W&W which is run at the same time and we found a few more places to visit.

That said, we start with Time to watches.

gen106.jpg

Here we have a brand that is new to me, Doppelganger.

Tourbillon, 5 main spring houses and chain drive are not to be despised.

Hgen29.jpg

gen30.jpg

The chain.

gen31.jpg

gen32.jpg

It is glowing in the dark too.

gen33.jpg

gen34.jpg

The next stop will be with Frederic Jouvenot, who has his own solutions for the time display.

gen35.jpg

In house movement.

gen36.jpg

The minutes are displayed on a rotating disk in the middle and the twelve cones turn one at a time every hour here it is 10:52.

gen37.jpg

gen38.jpg

gen10.jpg

gen39.jpg

gen40.jpg

gen41.jpg

Then we have to do something else.

gen5.jpg

Fun interior, the place is located in a slightly rough industrial area.

gen7.jpg

Of course, I had done a thorough research where to find the best Cordon Bleu in Geneva.

gen6.jpg

I had succeeded well with the choice of restaurant as this was something I had never been near before.

gen8.jpg

I was tempted to take one more but realized that it was probably more appropriate with a dessert.

gen9.jpg

Now we quickly move on to Pierre DeRoche who has some fun to show.

gen47.jpg

This one I had really looked forward to getting a closer look at, is so clean & stylish but still loaded with features.

gen42.jpg

Even for the ladies.

gen43.jpg

gen44.jpg

gen12.jpg

An odd creation with a second display you do not have much use for, 6 second hands that go one at a time and count 10 seconds.

gen45.jpg

gen46.jpg

Now it is time for a beer.

gen11.jpg

A great concept, configure your watch yourself and get it home with a kit of tools & everything you need to put it together.

gen15.jpg

Delivered in parts but with the complete movement without dial & hands mounted. So you do not have to be a watchmaker to get it together.

There is also an instruction video so you can get help if there are problems during assembly.

gen14.jpg

Le Rhöne, a Geneva based manufacturer.

gen57.jpg

gen58.jpg

gen59.jpg

gen60.jpg

I was asked if they could use my face in the men's toilet as this was not clear enough.

gen105.jpg

In Switzerland we sit down and pee.

gen13.jpg

Louis Erard has a lot in his range.

gen61.jpg

gen62.jpg

gen63.jpg

Another new brand for me is Charles Girardier.

gen64.jpg

Pequignet didn't I know either.

gen65.jpg

gen66.jpg

It's extra fun with some things you have not seen before.

gen67.jpg

gen68.jpg

Doxa went on the white track this year with proven models.

gen85.jpg

gen86.jpg

Luminova dial glowing nice.

gen87.jpg

gen88.jpg

Then we found an interesting guy who with his Behrens watches has some odd solutions.

gen77.jpg

gen78.jpg

gen79.jpg

gen80.jpg

Glowing nice in the dark.

gen81.jpg

gen82.jpg

This is a watch that you have a little fun with but that has been made just because he can.

gen83.jpg

It shows the time on Earth and on Mars. The day on Mars is 37 or 39 minutes longer depending on the time count you use.

gen84.jpg

Schwarz Etienne is one of my favourites.

gen96.jpg

gen97.jpg

They are proud of a lot of in-house works.

gen95.jpg

gen92.jpg

gen93.jpg

gen94.jpg

This is the favorite that was made in collaboration with Kari Voutilainen, unfortunately sold out immediately. I would really like to own one of those.

gen89.jpg

I was made even in grey.

gen91.jpg

gen90.jpg

Some more nice models.

gen101.jpg

gen103.jpg

gen102.jpg

gen104.jpg

gen98.jpg

gen99.jpg

gen100.jpg

Then we found a "photo box" with a tablet for viewing on the Internet or recording.

gen3.jpg

gen2.jpg

It has a great macro too.

gen1.jpg

Then we went to The MAD Gallery.

gen16.jpg

gen17.jpg

gen18.jpg

Then it was time for AHCI where you will find the real gold nuggets.

We'll take a lap upstairs first.

gen20.jpg

gen21.jpg

gen22.jpg

gen23.jpg

gen24.jpg

gen25.jpg

gen26.jpg

Then we go downstairs.

gen19.jpg

First stop at Vianney Halter.

gen49.jpg

gen48.jpg

gen50.jpg

This is a delight to the eye.

gen55.jpg

gen56.jpg

It was also a very rewarding chat with Mr Halter as well.

gen51.jpg

gen52.jpg

This can be watched for hours.

gen53.jpg

gen54.jpg

Kari Voutilainen always has something interesting in his pocket.

gen69.jpg

gen70.jpg

gen71.jpg

It is understandable that he often wins prizes for his works.

gen72.jpg

gen73.jpg

gen74.jpg

Ludovic Ballouard's uppside down is so cool.

gen75.jpg

The backside don't disappoint.

gen76.jpg

Now it is time to meet the rain and get back home.

gen27.jpg

But a piece of meat always slips down.

gen28.jpg

Torsti Laine an independent watchmaker from Finland in Switzerland

After a graduate of the Finnish School of Watchmaking, Torsti has working at Lange & Sohne in Germany and at Voutilainen in Switzerland.

In 2014 he received the Lange Watchmaking Excellence Award. Today he run his own watchmaking company Laine Watches in Le Locle, Switzerland.

tlpicc.jpg

Torsti manufactures most of the components itself, such as the dials.

tl2.jpg

This model is called Gelidius 2, The word ‘gelidus’ means ice-cold and frosty in Latin.

Both the dial and the movement have been given this frosted technology that can be compared to a slightly coarser blasting.

The case in stainless steel is 40,5mm that is a perfect size for my 7,5" wrist.

tl12.jpg

Torsti offers a lot of different dials options and is no stranger to the customer's own ideas.

I ordered a fumed glacier dial with polished romans and stick markers and polished hands.

A very successful combination in my opinion.

tl11.jpg

It is very easy to read as it has anti-reflective coated sapphire crystal. There is also one on the back as well.

tl10.jpg

Movement LA18.1 manually wind, 18000 bph, 50 hours power reserve.

tl14.jpg

The movement is based on Unitas 6498-1 but most of the parts is made in house. There is a lot of unique parts and all polishing like screws and bevels are made by hand.

tl13.jpg

A black 20/18mm alligator strap with a stainless steel buckle and quick release springbars.

tl15.jpg

So maybe we should getting closer?

A nice crown in right size that is easy to use that is important IMHO on a manual watch.

tl9.jpg

The outside of the case have some basted parts too.

tl8.jpg

So just let us looks a little closer at the movement.

tk4.jpg

The click spring.

tl7.jpg

One side of the balance bridge.

tl3.jpg

A well finished 3/4 plate.

tl4.jpg

The other side of the balance bridge.

tl5.jpg

Really great bevels. I am very impressed of the finish at this watch, it is top notch I want to say.

tl6.jpg

tl17.jpg

tl16.jpg

tl1.jpg

My Glashütte original story.

After a few visits at Baselworld I got my eyes wide open for a company named Glashütte Original,

this was in 2005. Me and Tony was invited to the company and they treat us as the stars we are so we feel

at home from day one. Just two regular guys that love watches are not accustomed to this attention,

rather used to hearing: Is it genuine?

When I saw the Sport Evolution on Trieste strap for the first time so did I know now is it just a matter of

time. So some time after we hit 2006 was it a fact, my first Glashütte Original is here just like I want it.

Caliber 39 it's a great entry movement that can be configured in a lot of different options.

glashutte_5168531.jpg

glashutte_5168536.jpg

As it use to be so after the Sport Evolution have landed I start looking for next one, The PanoMaticLunar

is a watch that don't looks like a regular watch. The off center dial, small secondhand, panoramadate &

moonphase can cause eyes to be torn. And if that is not enough so can you always turn it around and rest

your eyes on the caliber 90 with a micro rotor and duplex swan necks. This is art my friends.

glashutte_5168541.jpg

glashutte_5168546.jpg

After I have enjoy my Glashütte Original watches for some time so will the caliber 100 gets my attention

and I looking around for one of those but just in the middle of all, I stumbled upon a Senator Chronograph

and then the caliber 100 dreams awaiting a little bit because this one have a caliber 39. Now I begin to

realize that this is an addiction that can not be cured but with my dear wifes support so we must try to

learn to live with this disease.

glashutte_5168551.jpg

glashutte_5168556.jpg

I get no support from the Glashütte Original company so at next Baselworld did I realize how bad they can

be when they completely ignored, they put a PanoInverse in stainless steel in my hand with a smile on their

lips. My first thought where did they hear when I said earlier at the release of the gold PanoInverse that

I had bought it if it was stainless steel. Then when they made a stealth version, all of my resistance was

destroyed. So when it landed in Sweden, I stood outside the AD with the credit card in my hand and shouting,

it's mine, it's mine and of course it was.

glashutte_5168561.jpg

glashutte_5168566.jpg

Before I retrieve from the previous release, of course, they update the PanoMaticLunar with a better balance

at the dial and with a thinner bezel it gets a very sophisticated impression. Furthermore, the size of the hands

is increased and filled with Super Luminova which icing the cake. So it's going to take a while when you're as

weak as I can not resist the temptations of this rank. Of course it ends with one of those too.

glashutte_5168571.jpg

glashutte_5168576.jpg

When I thought I saw everything, of course, Glashütte original should continue its brilliant show how to break down

a watchoholic to the smallest elements. Well then, we have to show how we update our Senator Observer down in our dial

manufacturer in Pforzheim with an artistic touch with our cans filled up with Super Luminova. The black matte dial with

all those Super Luminova is to die for. And to ensure that one of these watches lands in Sweden, we obviously see that

there is a caliber 100 on the other side of the dial. Yes you understand where it ends, where we are right now.

glashutte_5168581.jpg

glashutte_5168586.jpg

glashutte_5168591.jpg

Luckily, it's almost a year to the next Baselworld so I get some peace, so it will be a visit next year again with a bumpy

heart when I enter your booth. For one thing, it is for sure that this journey will never ends. So with mixed feelings, I

have to say thank you for everything Glashütte Original. You are undoubtedly my favorite watch manufacturer and we have had

a unique relationship over the years, which I really appreciate. So this is my first 10 years with Glashütte Original so now

lets focus on the next ten years.

All of a sudden, the news comes that Baselworld has been canceled due to a pandemic in 2020, even though Swatch Group has

already withdrawn. After all, this was an event that made the craving for something new screwed up the brain a bit. So after

looking forward to a better 2021, the plans were soon crushed again and now it was a fact that The Baselworld is going to the

grave. When I realized this, I just had to pick up the phone and call Roger (the Swedish GO AD) and place an order for a

Glashütte Original Panoreserve with the steel bracelet to relieve the pain.

gopr11.jpg

The Calibre 65 is soo cool with the balance bridge and second cock engraved by hand.

gopr6.jpg

A discreet enlightenment of the hands with a tiny splash of Super Luminova.

gopr9.jpg

gopr5.jpg

Glashütte Original SeaQ Reed Green.

Ref: 39-11-13-83-70

This time I will not write so much about the watch because I have already made a few reviews of it.

Those reviews are linked at the end of this page where you can read them.

So just enjoy.

sqg20.jpg

sqg25.jpg

sqg3.jpg

sqg2.jpg

sqg4.jpg

sqg8.jpg

sqg13.jpg

The doomed sapphire crystal give the watch a warm feeling.

sqg14.jpg

sqg16.jpg

A nice option is the red varning you have not screw down the crown.

sqg17.jpg

Solid back case.

sqg19.jpg

sqg18.jpg

The syntetic grey strap match the watch perfect with the folding clasp in stainless steel.

sqg21.jpg

sqg22.jpg

sqg23.jpg

sqg5.jpg

sqg24.jpg

sqg6.jpg

sqg26.jpg

sqg9.jpg

To icing the cake, the only I can ask for is green Super Luminova on this model.

sqg7.jpg

sqg10.jpg

sqg27.jpg

sqg11.jpg

sqg12.jpg

sqg1.jpg

My reviews of the different SeaQ models are available here:

>>My shooting - SeaQ>>

>>My shooting - SeaQ Panorama Date>>

>>My couple of pictures - SeaQ and SeaQ Panorama Date>>

seaqman.jpg

>> The SeaQ watches on the manufactory’s website >>  

Glashütte Original Senator Cosmopolite

Ref 1-89-02-05-02-01 in stainless steel.

gocob21.jpg

The blue dial and the hands gives this watch a more sporty look than the more classic white dial with blued hands version.

gocob9e.jpg

This model has the galvanic blue with sunray finish, appliques with Super-LumiNova

gocob3.jpg

gocob6.jpg

gocob8e.jpg

The galvanic blue dial looks really nice when you come close to it.

gocob2.jpg

The details is awesome when I inspect it with a loupe.

gocob15.jpg

gocob16.jpg

gocob12.jpg

The Calibre 89-02 is exposed thru a sapphire crystal at the backside. The movement's functions are described above.

gocob17.jpg

63 jewels, 72 hours power reserve and 28,800 vph, equivalent to 4 Hz.

gocob18.jpg

The micro rotor and the duplex swan-neck fine adjustment gives the movement a nice touch.

gocob19.jpg

gocob20.jpg

gocob7.jpg

gocob11.jpg

gocob13.jpg

gocob5.jpg

gocob14.jpg

gocob10.jpg

gocob4.jpg

gocob1.jpg

If you click on the links below to my previous reviews, you will find more info about what this watch can do and instructions how to set it.

Glashütte Original Senator Cosmopolite in stainless steel

Glashütte Original Senator Cosmopolite in red gold

Glashütte Original SeaQ Panorama Date

Ref 1-36-13-04-91-08 in stainless steel/red gold

Ref 1-36-13-03-90-33 in red gold

After I got acquainted with the SeaQ Panorama Date model last year when it was released (which I link to at the end of this page).

It's time to take a closer look at this year's newcomers in bicolour and red gold

gosqg3.jpg

So I start with the stainless steel/red gold model with a galvanic grey dial with sunray finish dial and synthetic strap with a pin buckle.

gosqg6.jpg

The sunray finish is definitively a great touch at the dial.

gosqg26.jpg

The indexes and hands are beautifully surrounded by a red gold frame.

gosqg18.jpg

gosqg19.jpg

The red gold screw-down crown comes with a crown protection and carries the Glashütte Original Double-G logo. Here I have use some reflections to get a wave effect at the logo.

gosqg17.jpg

Let’s take a closer look at the red gold bezel, its black ceramic inlay and the brushed stainless steel case.

gosqg20.jpg

At the back, we can see the Calibre 36-13 with its impressive 100-hours power reserve.

gosqg31.jpg

gosqg9.jpg

gosqg8.jpg

gosqg16.jpg

gosqg14.jpg

gosqg10.jpg

The Super-LumiNova on the hands, numerals and indexes does a great job in the dark.

gosqg34.jpg

gosqg32.jpg

The red gold model has a galvanic black dial, also with sunray finish and a rubber strap with a fold fastener in red gold.

gosqg25.jpg

gosqg27.jpg

The rugged inside ensures that the strap will stay firmly in place - even on a wet diver’s suit.

gosqg29.jpg

gosqg28.jpg

The award-winning Caliber 36-13 beats also in this model.

gosqg24.jpg

gosqg23.jpg

The black version is very legible from all angles, gold and black go really well together.

gosqg36.jpg

gosqg11.jpg

gosqg5.jpg

gosqg12.jpg

gosqg7.jpg

gosqg13.jpg

gosqg15.jpg

The indexes here are also filled with Super-LumiNova.

gosqg22.jpg

gosqg33.jpg

gosqg4.jpg

gosqg35.jpg

gosqg1.jpg

gosqg2.jpg

Click here to read a little bit more in my detailed review of the Glashütte Original SeaQ Panorama Date in stainless steel

Panerai Luminor GMT 44mm Ref Pam 01033

pgmt20.jpg

It comes beautifully packaged as it use to do, here are all the things that come with it from the start except the paperwork.

pgmt8.jpg

The blue dial is really powerful and with the cream colored text & the cream colored Luminova that some would call fake patinated, it gives a warm impression instead of a flatter one as it is with white Luminova.

pgmt10.jpg

This model has the proven sandwich dial where numbers & markings are milled out for the Luminova which is then applied to a plate that lies under the dial.

pgmt18.jpg

The classic stainless steel Luminor case that is brushed, waterproof to 300 meters, polished bezel with a sapphire crystal.

pgmt16.jpg

Dark blue alligator strap with beige seam, brushed clasp in stainless steel.

pgmt17.jpg

Here we see through the sapphire crystal in-house movement Cal 9011 which is a development on Cal 9001 which is loaded with functions.

pgmt13.jpg

Automatic in-house movement with 3 days power reserve, double barrels, 31 jewels, Glucydur balance, 28,800 oscillations per hour.

pgmt12.jpg

So what functions does the movement offer then?

Small second hand with automatic reset at second stop when setting the minute hand for easier syncing.

pgmt2.jpg

Date with matching slightly darker blue background.

pgmt7.jpg

GMT hand for a second time zone that is independently adjustable when you set the standard hour hand with an hour step without the movement stopping. Practical but can only handle time zones with full hours.

pgmt5.jpg

Power reserve on the back, maybe not so important on an automatic movement but a nice option. Cal 9001 has a small window that changes color instead of this rotating disc.

pgmt4.jpg

Balance bridge with double attachments is also an update as Cal 9001 had a balance cock.

pgmt3.jpg

The timing results of the movement is also attached in the box.

pgmt15.jpg

The blue dial is really nice.

pgmt23.jpg

I have had a bit of a hard time with the small second hand that feels too small, but here I think it is well balanced.

pgmt22.jpg

The GMT hand has good proportions, the only objection is that it is below the minute hand and disappears behind it when it is longer.

pgmt11.jpg

Tha Luminova impress as usual.

pgmt9.jpg

Fits perfect on the wrist.

pgmt14.jpg

SEIKO 5 Brian May Red Special

Brian May guitarist Queen bought her first Seiko 7548-7000 during their first Japan tour in 1974.

He has since used this extensively, now in 2020 he has taken with a cooperation with Seiko

presented a Seiko 5 automatic as a tribute to his unique guitar "Red Special".

bm20.jpg

What is so special about this guitar? Well, Brian built this with the help of dad Harold

mid sixties. They had a fireplace at home that they would dispose of and have then used

most of the wood from this to make the guitar. So this guitar is quite unique and the microphones

can be individually controlled which means that Brian got a very unique sound. The tremolo system

is made of old bicycle parts and a sewing needle, you had to take what you had.

bm21.jpg

Now to the watch it is all about. After growing up to Queen's music during the seventies, that was one must add to the collection.

It comes in a guitar case type hard case that is a little over 12 inces long, dressed with leather, rivets and with reinforced corners.

bm19.jpg

Inside is the watch that comes with a black NATO strap (which Brian had on his Seiko) and a small coin that I have no idea why.

bm18.jpg

This is what it looks like, a regular Seiko 5 with a unique painting depicting Brian's Red Special.

This watch comes in 9000 copies and is then called Limited Edition as no more will be manufactured.

bm5.jpg

They really got to the vein on the wood really m nice.

bm10.jpg

Screwdown crown at 4 o'clock position, unidirectional 60 clicks bezel, water proof to 10 bars.

bm3.jpg

Day and date with quickset.

bm4.jpg

If we get really close, we can see more clearly the job they put into the vein.

bm8.jpg

The text holds the same quality as on dials in the highest segment.

bm9.jpg

Really cool effect on the paint I have to say.

bm6.jpg

bm7.jpg

Some kind of music theme we must have.

bm13.jpg

bm14.jpg

bm12.jpg

The coin from the box.

bm16.jpg

bm17.jpg

Through the glass back, we see the 4R36 movement glimpse behind Brian's signature.

bm15.jpg

In normal order, Seiko impresses with the lume.

bm11.jpg

Finally a wristshot.

bm1.jpg

A interesting watch for only €550.