TAG HEUER AQUARACER 500M CALIBRE 5 limited edition Leonardi DiCaprio

• [size=12]Q&A LEONARDO DICAPRIO ON THE RELEASE OF HIS LIMITED EDITION TAG HEUER AQUARACER 500M CALIBRE 5.[/size] 

[img]../../pics/watches/th/aqldc1.jpg[/img]

[b]How did it feel to be included in the design of a watch?[/b]TAG Heuer has always worked with the best team of designers and it really shows in their work. Every year, you can count on TAG Heuer to come out with a product that becomes an instant classic. I was proud to be a part of that process.

[i]How did you process? What were you looking for?[/i]I started with a design from an existing TAG Heuer watch and tried to make it even more distinctive. I wanted to find a color that reflected our sustainable development campaign while at the same time was unique for a timepiece. From there, I started working on the dial and incorporated the meridian lines that represent our world. In the end, I think we found a way to represent our planet with an appropriately elegant design.

[b]Why did you pick deep blue color for your co-designed watch?[/b]The watch is a deep blue, the color of the ocean. Since water is one of the most valuable resources we need to safeguard to ensure the future of our planet, I thought it was an appropriate choice. It represents this unique blue planet that we must protect for our future generations.

[img]../../pics/watches/th/aqldc2.jpg[/img]

[b]How does this influence the campaign that you and TAG Heuer have in common to support the NRDC and Green Cross International?[/b]All the royalties generated by the sale of these watches will go directly to the NRDC and Green Cross International where the money will be used to support their sustainable development efforts both in the US and around the globe. They are the best of the best. I hope to continue to work with these organizations for as long as possible.

[b]How would you describe luxury?[/b]The greatest luxury is time. It’s not something that can be bought. But when you have it, there is nothing better.

[b]How do you feel about the fact that your partnership with TAG Heuer has boosted the company’s efforts for sustainable development?[/b]It’s fantastic to see all the changes that TAG Heuer has been able to implement since January. I am very impressed by how quickly they decided to walk the talk of the ad-campaign. Jean-Christophe Babin, the CEO and President of the company, told me that many initiatives actually came straight from the employees themselves. It’s that kind of grass roots involvement in sustainable development that gets me excited. Hopefully, other companies will look to the work TAG Heuer has done get inspired to become more sustainable themselves.

• Hallo Zusammen,

war letzte Woche zufällig im KadeWe in Berlin. Da liegt das Teil aus, sieht net schlecht in Natura aus.

War erst etwas irritiert, da ich das Modell dieser Serie nicht kannte. Hat sich nun ja geklärt......

Ciao.

• Persönlich finde ich die neuen Aquaracer-Modelle überhaupt zu "zerklüftet" und nicht mehr aus einem Guss.

So eine limitierte Edition hat aber immer seinen eigenen Reiz, und schon allein durch die Namensgebung werden sich genügend Abnehmer finden.

christian

• Ist da auch ne Einladung zur nächsten Oscar-Verleihung dabei?

Weiß nicht so recht, was ich von der Uhr halten soll.
    Einerseits gibt sie einem das Gefühl, jeder Depp kann ne Uhr designen, man muss nur bekannt genug sein!
    Andererseits hat der Leo ne relativ anständige Uhr zusammengebastelt.

Hmmmm.....vielleicht sattelt er ja jetzt von Schauspieler auf Uhrmacher um?!

Wie... Uhrenvirus?! Was ist falsch daran, sich zur Mondphase in seine Glashütte zurückzuziehen, seine Vulcain-Lampe zu illuminoren, ein Radio mir direkt neben den Sessel zu stellen, ein gutes Bucherer zu lesen und einfach etwas zu rolexen? Andere gehen halt mit den Söhnen von Lange Oystern ernten, mit dem jungen Hans als Explorer auf die Royal Oak oder mit Paul Newman zum Daytona Beach...